Ed & Heidi Anniversary
- I don’t remember much about your wedding
o Did I marry you or have the meditation?
- Don’t feel bad, I don’t remember much about mine
- I remember:
o Calvary temple
o Joel sang.
o Kidnapping Heidi and taking her to McDonalds
- Now here you are 25 years later!!
- glad to share a few thoughts
- An anniversary is like a rest stop on a freeway. As you stop, you reflect on where you have come from and also on where you are going.
- What comes to mind in this reflection?
- Things in the world around you have changed:
o Electronics - Film to digital
- Some would say you haven’t changed much
o Both still working for KC
o When we go for lunch at KP, you will either have Chinese or Poutine.
- Pictures of twenty-five years ago
- Can not believe how young you were - Things have changed!
- Two of you, now three daughters – you poor people
- struggles with Jennifer
- married daughter
- apartment on Henderson
- three locations later.
- the only thing that is the same is that nothing is the same.
- But…..there is one constant.
- God is the same yesterday, today and forever.
- In Copenhagen, they have built the world's most reliable mechanical clock. It took 40 years to build at a cost of over 1 million dollars. It has 10 faces and over 15,000 moving parts and it looses only 2/5 of a second every 300 years. Now that is pretty impressive reliability, but despite all that attempt at accuracy, it is not 100% reliable, it does lose 2/5 of a second every 300 years. God, however, is 100 % reliable. There will never be any variance or deviation in him. He is faithful and we can count on him at all times. 100,000 years ago God was all powerful, love, all knowing and faithful. 100,000 years from now, God will still be all powerful, love, all knowing and faithful.
- Psalm 36:5 - "Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies."
- Looking back
- remembering the faithfulness of God,
o has helped you through the tough times
o blessed you abundantly with many good things.
o a day of praise and thanksgiving. - "LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvellous things, things planned long ago."(Isaiah 25:10)
o a day to acknowledge God’s faithfulness to the next generation.
- looking forward
o changes which will come yet.
o Fearful and unsettled
o find encouragement from the unchanging faithfulness of God.
o No matter what will come, God will be there.
o promise of Psalm 91:4 - "He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart."