1: A Person:
• Genesis 1:26-27 (we are made in His image).
• He has the attributes of a person (He knows, feels, loves, speaks, acts, hears, etc.) He interacts intelligently with us, and we can interact with Him.
2: A Spirit:
• John 4:24
• He is free from the limitations of a physical body (Psalm 139:7)
• He has a form or image, but we are not capable of seeing Him. (Heb. 1:3; Ex. 33:18-23)
• Psalm 22:3; Isaiah 6:3; Rev. 4:8
• Romans 11:33
7: Loving, merciful, good:
• Romans 2:4; 1 John 4:7-8; John 3:16; Romans 8:35-39
• Deuteronomy 32:4
• Gen. 17:1; Rev. 15:3; Job 26:7; Isa. 40:22; Isa. 40:12
• Hebrews 4:13; Psalm 33:13, 147:5
• Jeremiah 23:24; Psalm 139:7-10
12: a Trinity:
• One God (Deut. 6:4)
• Gen. 1:26; Isaiah 48:16; 2 Cor. 13:14; Isaiah 6:3; Rev. 4:8
• Psalm 147:5; Job 11:7; 1 Kings 8:12; Psalm 145:3; Acts 17:25
• Acts 17:25
15: The source of life:
• Acts 17:25
16: Ruler of all events:
• Acts 17:26
• Neh 1:5; 1 Kings 8:56; 2 Peter 3:9; 1 Cor. 10:13
• Mal 3:6; Hebrews 1:12; James 1:17
• Deut. 10:17; Romans 2:11; Eph. 6:8-9
20: Merciful, gracious, and patient:
• Ex. 34:6; Psalm 103:8; Neh. 9:17; Hebrews 2:17
• 1 John 4:7-10; Romans 5:8; Eph. 3:17-19
Genesis 1:26 (NKJV) 26Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
John 4:24 (NKJV) 24God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
Exodus 33:18 - 23 (NKJV) 18And he said, “Please, show me Your glory.” 19Then He said, “I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.” 20But He said, “You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live.” 21And the Lord said, “Here is a place by Me, and you shall stand on the rock. 22So it shall be, while My glory passes by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock, and will cover you with My hand while I pass by. 23Then I will take away My hand, and you shall see My back; but My face shall not be seen.”
Romans 8:35 - 39 (NKJV) 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 36As it is written: “For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.” 37Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Isaiah 48:16 (NKJV) 16 “Come near to Me, hear this: I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; From the time that it was, I was there. And now the Lord GOD and His Spirit Have sent Me.”
2 Corinthians 13:14 (NKJV) 14The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen.
Job 11:7 (NKJV) 7 “Can you search out the deep things of God? Can you find out the limits of the Almighty?
Psalms 147:5 (NKJV) 5 Great is our Lord, and mighty in power; His understanding is infinite.
1 Kings 8:56 (NKJV) 56“Blessed be the Lord, who has given rest to His people Israel, according to all that He promised. There has not failed one word of all His good promise, which He promised through His servant Moses.
Malachi 3:6 (NKJV) 6 “For I am the Lord, I do not change; Therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob.
Deuteronomy 10:17 (NKJV) 17For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great God, mighty and awesome, who shows no partiality nor takes a bribe.
Romans 2:11 (NKJV) 11For there is no partiality with God.
Exodus 34:6 (NKJV) 6And the Lord passed before him and proclaimed, “The Lord, the Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abounding in goodness and truth,
Psalms 103:8 (NKJV) 8 The Lord is merciful and gracious, Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy.
1 John 4:8 (NKJV) 8He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
Romans 5:8 (NKJV) 8But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.