Job Chapter one
1. Uz is probably in the Arabian peninsula, but the exact location is uncertain. We know that it was in the East, and was probably founded by Uz, a grandson of Shem.
2. Job was most likely a contemporary of Abraham.
3. Job was righteous, and very wealthy
4. Job acted as a family priest
5. V.7: Satan roams about seeking whom he may devour.
1 Peter 5:8 (KJV) 8Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
*Satan is not harmless or toothless he does not gum Christians to death. He is powerful, and we must understand that. He uses every opportunity to destroy Christians.
6. Believers are to resist Satan not try to rebuke him.
James 4:7 - 10 (KJV) 7Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. 8Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. 9Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. 10Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
Jude 1:9 (KJV) 9Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.
7. V. 8: Satan had already considered Job, but he could not touch him because of God's protection. *What does God say about Job?
8. V.9-10: Satan accused Job of being a materialist, only serving God because of what God does for him.
9. V.11: Satan challenges God to afflict job (Satan is still unable to.)
10. V.12: God tells Satan to afflict Job. It is from God Through Satan (he tells Satan to do it).
11. God limits Satan's power over Job.
12. V.20: Job worshiped
13. V.21: Job recognized that all he had was from God
14.V.22: Job never sinned.