Luke 2_Christmas 08
Luke 2:1-7; Isaiah 9:6
Who is Christ?
● “Wonderful” - “Miracle worker”
John 21:25 (NKJV) 25And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written.
● “Counselor” with a wonderful and perfect plan.
● He comforts us in times of despair
● He has come to do the father’s will
● He has come to set the captives free
● He has come to give us deliverence
Isaiah 61:1 - 3 (NKJV) 1 “The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me, Because the Lord has anointed Me To preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound; 2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, And the day of vengeance of our God; To comfort all who mourn, 3 To console those who mourn in Zion, To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.”
● “Mighty God” - El Giddor (Jeedor) = mighty warrior God, Hero God
● He is our refuge and our strength, “in our weakness, His strength is made perfect.”
● “Everlasting Father”, He is eternal
● He will always care for His children
● “Prince of Peace” (shalom), when our world is falling apart.
● He is the only one who brings true peace.
Christ is everything, the perfect gift.
● We need not look to anyone or anything else for answers or satisfacion.
● Not to the stars, cards, palms, crystal balls, ouija boards, medium, etc.
● These are nothing more than false signs and wonders produced by satan (Revelation 13:11-17; Matthew 24:24)
● Christ is genuine, He is all we need.
Don’t let this be a gift that sits on the shelf, love it, cherish it, use it and share it, you know how it feels when you give someone a gift they don’t use, or don’t like. Don’t do that to God.