How many sides does a piece of paper have.
Are you sure?
Many sided piece of paper.
Actually it has 6 sides.
- an illustration to remind us of the many sided nature of God
- God is so amazing
- many wonderful things about Him.
- reminds us of sunshine.
- Sunshine is warm and gives light.
- Without the sunshine, nothing would grow.
- Psalm 84:11 we read, “For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.”
- sunshine of God’s love.
- gives us favor
- stands for royalty.
- before crayons - purple was a hard colour to make.
- only rich people could afford it.
- reminds us of kings.
- Psalm 47:2 says, “How awesome is the LORD Most High, the great King over all the earth!”
- children of a king.
- Romans 8:16,17 says, “The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children.”
- reminds us of water.
- used for washing.
- I Corinthians 6:11 says, “And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.”
- God has washed away all of our sins.
- we can be clean.
- another wonderful aspect of God’s person.
- reminds us of wood - wood can remind us of the cross.
- one of the most amazing things about God.
- sent Jesus, His only Son, to die on the cross
- Romans 5:8 says, “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
- think about God’s sacrificial love for us.
- a reminder of things that grow.
- spring - whole world turns green again
- we love it.
- God is always at work in us causing us to grow.
- Ephesians 4:16 says, “From him the whole body…grows and builds itself up in love…”
- reminds us of flowers.
- One of my favourite flowers is the tiger lily,
- Matthew 6:28-30 - “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?”
- God’s care for us.
- remind you of how amazing God is.
- so many sides to God,
- one thing is common
- He loves us and wants what is best for us.
- encourage you to continue to follow Him.