Select all the text in this box and paste your sermon here...
I. Command From God (Jeremiah 1:4-5)
God shows His sovereign preparation for Jeremiah's ministry - He had equipped Jeremiah for ministry already.
II. Jeremiah's Excuse (Jeremiah 1:6)
- Notice Jeremiah's Change in attitude from excuses (Jer 1:6) to seeing the false prophets (Jer 4:10; 14:13) to praise God (Jer 32:17).
- Jeremiah's excuse may have been sincere, he saw himself a little like Saul did, but even sincere concern leaves God out of the equation by default.
III. God's Rebuke (Jeremiah 1:7-10)
A. In Words (Jer 1:7-8)
- God does not let Jeremiah make Excuses
- We do not need to be afraid of others (Is. 51:7; Lk. 12:4-5); Who is the man that harms God's servants? (1Pe 3:12-13).
B. In Action (Jer 1:9-10)
- God gives words to those who need them; Ex 4:11, 12; Is 51:16; Mt 10:19; Lk 12:12
- Two kinds of tongues: a rebuke (Is 49:2; Tit 1:13; Pro 27:5); knowledge Is 50:4; Jn 14:26; 1Co 2:10, 14)