Mark's account of Peter's journey
- Jesus already told us what comes out of the heart that defiles a person => Mark 7:1-23
Meeting the woman (Mark 7:24-30)
- Some background about the exchange
- Mark 7:24 - Tyre and Sidon - leaving Israel and moving into a Gentile region (Mark 3)
- Jesus fame has spread.
- Mark 7:25-26 - Syrophoenician
- She is a Gentile (pagan) and therefore, outside the promises of Israel
- Mark 7:27 - Gentile "dogs"
- Some notable things about the exchange:
- She fell at His feet (this only happens in Mark three times)
- Mark 3 - Demonized prostrate themselves when Jesus is around
- Mark 5 - Woman with the blood issue
- Mark 7 - This is the third time; She is giving in / submitting
- She calls Him "Lord"
- Only person who addresses Jesus as Lord (Lord & Savior)
- She says "Yes"
- She was not there to get Jesus to enter her story; She is here to enter His story.
- She wanted to get in on what Jesus was doing.
- She says that she will take the crumbs!
- She had learned enough about Jesus that He is no ordianary man
- She abandons herself to Jesus
- What does this mean?
- Her actions and words show us that she has the right heart
Are crumbs enough?
- For those who know Jesus
- You will face trouble, hardships, and pain and it is always right to bring all of this to Jesus
- Will you say, "Yes Lord, whatever You want?"
- Paul seemed to get and understand this
- 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 => Grace is enough.
- Philippians 4:11-13 => Grace is enough. Jesus your plan is best.
- For those who are getting to know Jesus
- What Isaiah pointed out (Isaiah 53)
- She sees Jesus gracious and good
- She sees that the crumbs falling from the table are enough.