Amazing Prayer 8 - To Him be the Glory
Reading: Ephesians 3:14-21
to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:21(NIV)
I. Glorify Him through Worship
A. We Exist to worship Him
in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. Eph. 1:12
1. Cf. 1:14 – the church exists for God’s glory
2. Worship is central to our identity in Christ
3. More than anything else: we must worship!
B. We are Obligated to worship Him
When you have eaten and are satisfied, praise the Lord your God for the good land he has given you. Deut. 8:10
1. Our blessings come from Him (not us!)
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord. Ps. 150:6
2. All living creatures depend on God
3. Since He has been so good to us! (vv.14-19)
C. We Want to worship Him!
1. The HS changes our desires! (Phil 2:13)
I will praise you, O Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High. Ps. 9:1-2
2. We love to worship, praise & glorify God!
II. Glorify Him through Proclamation
A. We tell Each Other
1. We glorify God by telling each other
2. We tell each other about God’s glory
One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts. They will speak of the glorious splendor of your majesty, Ps. 145:4-5a
B. We tell Everyone
1. It isn’t enough to tell each other!
2. God’s glory must spread to the whole earth
They will tell of the glory of your kingdom and speak of your might, so that all men may know of your mighty acts and the glorious splendor of your kingdom. Ps. 145:11-12
C. Our Lives display His glory
1. His glory is seen by our transformed lives!
His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, Eph. 3:10
2. Not just for people to see!
3. Thru us God’s glory shines to the heavenlies
III. Glorify Him through Intimacy
A. His glory shines In Us
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. 2 Cor. 4:6
1. As we draw near to him (to see His face)
2. He ends the tyranny of darkness in us
B. We are Filled with His glory
1. God pours His glory into us!
may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Eph. 3:18-19
2. God wants to be that intimate with us!
3. Keep on being filled (Eph 5:18)!
C. We Reflect His glory
And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Cor. 3:18
1. The glory we receive is supposed to show!
2. This glory within is supposed to grow!
3. Let the glory shine more & more!
The Bottom Line:
|In all we Do and all we Are, we Glorify God, Now and Forever.|