Letting the World See Jesus
TEXT: John 12:20-26
I. THE WORLD WANTS TO SEE JESUS (V.20-22).
A. When they come to worship, they seek Jesus (v.20-21)
1. Sometimes the world can’t see Jesus because we get in the way (Rom. 2:17-24).
2. They must see Him (John 14:6).
B. We must ask Jesus for help (v.22).
1. Ask Him to reveal Himself in us.
a. Like the early disciples (Acts 4:23-33).
II. THE WORLD CAN ONLY SEE JESUS WHEN WE DIE TO SELF (V.23-24) .
A. It is time for Jesus to be glorified (v.23).
1. It is time for us to wake up and live to glorify Jesus (Rom. 13:11-14).
2. The harvest fields require it (John 4:35).
B. The key: We must die to self to bear fruit (v.24).
1. The seed must lose its identity as a seed in order to multiply.
2. We must lose self for the sake of others coming to Christ.
III. THE WORLD WILL SEE JESUS WHEN WE LOVE AND FOLLOW HIM (V.25-26) .
A. The paradox (v.25)
1. For the lost: Must give up to Him or remain lost.
a. The rich young ruler kept the world and remained lost (Matthew 19).
2. For the saved: You can’t hold on to your life and bear fruit (Eph. 4:23-24).
B. The principle (v.26)
1. Serving means following Jesus!
a. To fail to follow means you can’t serve (Rom. 12:1-2).
2. If we serve we will be where Jesus is.
A- Hymn: “Let Others See Jesus In You”