Living the Word of God
As a Christian there is nothing more essential or important to our spiritual life than the Word of God!
The countless verses expressing the benefits of God’s word are too numerous to mention in this one sermon.
Our text begins with a demonstrable statement about the law of God.
I. The law (torah) of the LORD is perfect. Vs.7-9
A. The overwhelming benefit of the law is its ability to convert (Heb. Refresh) the soul.
"Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith." (Galatians 3:24, KJV)
Some personal examples:
1. The numerous individuals who have walked into a church and upon hearing the living word of God, whether over time or immediately have been saved.
2. Bible studies that have been responsible for the opening of the eyes of those who were once the enemies of Christ.
3. Certain scriptures quoted at funerals or weddings that have completely turned the heart of many.
B. The other amazing aspect of the law is that its subparts impart specific blessings which contribute overall to the wholeness of the Christian.
1. The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.
2. The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing he heart.
3. The commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.
4. The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever.
5. The judgments of the LORD are true, and righteous altogether.
We find then that the Word of God is for the benefit and growth of God’s children and the only remedy for worldliness.
II. The law of the LORD is the most desirable thing on earth. Vs.10
A. More than the most precious thing this world offers.
B. Sweeter than the sweetest thing on earth.