Principles and Process
I. The Priority of Evangelism
A. Evangelism is a priority for the Christian and not an option
1. Jesus is our chief example (Luke 19:10, 1 Tim. 1:15)
2. This example was also seen in the apostles (Acts 1:8)
3. The priority of evangelism is seen in God’s Eternal Purpose (Eph. 3:6-9)
4. Christians must recognize the urgency (John 4:30-38)
II. The Principles of Evangelism
A. Be class conscious – Be aware of possible classes
B. Seek to understand, then to be understood
C. Disagree without being disagreeable
D. Answer bible questions by having the prospect read for themselves
E. Close effectively – do not be afraid to ask for a response
III. The Process of Evangelism ( A brief Sketch)
A. Mark 16:15-16 / 1 Cor. 15:1-4
1. What is the gospel? How does Jesus say to respond? (Believe and be baptized)
B. Acts 2:37-41, 47 – First Example of Conversion
1. How did people respond to the first Gospel Sermon? ( believed, repented, and baptized – God added to the Church, which was not a denomination – Matthew 16:18)
C. Acts 8:35-38 – Second Example of Conversion
1. What did the Eunuch do to be saved?
2. Heard (vs. 35), believed (vs. 37), baptized (vs. 38)
D. Closing (James 4:14)
1. Do you have any questions about being saved according regarding what we have studied?
2. Would you like to be saved like they were in the bible?
3. I would like to baptize you today for remission of sins!