Title: HOW TO HEAR THE VOICE OF GOD
Ps. 143:10; 1 Sam. 3:10; 1 Cor. 2:9-11; Num. 12:6-8
1. Start by emptying ourselves of selfish desires, quieting our mind, and removing hindrances to prayer.
Ps. 66:18; Ja. 4:3; 1 Jn. 3:22; 1 Pet. 3:7; Mk. 11:25-26; Job 35:12; Ja. 1:6-8
2. We can’t rely on feelings alone or a simple impression from others; otherwise we come under a delusion. As you pray, give God freedom to change your prayer…He may want to give you more than what you ask.
3. Seek the will of the Spirit in connection with the Word of God. As you read the Word, write down what God says to you. Ps. 119:10
4. Take into account providential circumstances. God shapes events around us to show where He is working and where He wants us to go. Acts 14:27-28
5. Ask God in to reveal His will to you openly. Don’t try forcing your foot through a door that may not really be opened. 2 Cor. 2:12-13
6. Reflect on all the above, and come to a conclusion about what He is saying to you. Acts 21:7-14
How do you hear the voice of God?
How do you prepare yourself to hear from God?
What hindrances are there that keep us from hearing from God?
How do you know you have heard from God?