Title: PREPARING OURSELF TO HEAR GOD’S VOICE
Author: George Muller
Text: Romans 2:18-19; Rom. 12:1-2; James 4:13-17; Col. 4:12; Ps. 143:10
1. I seek at the beginning to get my heart into such a state that it has no will of its own in regard to a given matter.
2. Having done this, I do not leave the result to feeling or simple impression. If I d so, I make myself liable to great delusions.
3. I seek the will of the Spirit through, or in connection with, the Word of God.
4. Next I take into account providential circumstances. These often plainly indicate God’s will in connection with His Word and Spirit.
5. I ask God in prayer to reveal His will to me aright.
6. Thus, through prayer to God, the study of the Word, and reflection, I come to a deliberate judgment according to the best of my ability and knowledge.
Acts 21:7-14; Romans 9:18-24; 1 Peter 4:1-2