Powerhouse Prayer Changes Lives
Thank you for being a part of our powerhouse praying. This is corporate prayer time requested by the Pastor to directly and corporately support the worship service in progress. As we wait on the Lord, we will renew our strength (Isa. 40:31). It is scriptural and vital that we diligently and persistently petition our Heavenly Father through His Son during the service. Not because He can’t do it without us, but because He desires and calls us to do it with Him! Thank you for laboring with us.
Preparation for Prayer
Six important ingredients to effective, concerted prayer:
1. Use the Scripture - learn to listen and talk to God based upon His Word. (Ps. 119:24, 105)
2. Rely on the Holy Spirit - submit to His leadership and guidance as you pray. (Rom. 8:26-27)
3. Be specific - keep your prayers targeted to the focus of particular themes for maximum agreement and continuity.
4. Don’t sermonize for those present - pray to God. Petition our Heavenly Father for each area of focus. You will have many opportunities to verbalize your prayers so be careful not to pray too long at a time.
5. Be sensitive as you pray - Listen to the Lord as He directs you in prayer. Listen to others that you might agree and compliment their prayers.
6. Be ready to sing with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, making melody in your hearts to the Lord.
Drawing Near to the Throne of God’s Grace
Make this a time of worship and thanksgiving - reflecting on the Attributes of God.
· Reverence the One who sits on the throne. (Ps. 84:11; Rev. 4:1-11; 5:6-14; Isa. 6:1-4)
· Rejoice in the grace that flows from the throne. (Rom. 5:15-20; Eph. 1:3-8; 2:4-9; 3:7-8; 1 Cor. 3:10; 15:10; 2 Cor. 8:9; 12:9; 1 Tim. 1:12-14)
Resisting the Enemy
· Give it all you have. (Rev. 12:10-11)
· Resist him, be alert, be firm in your faith. (1 Pet. 5:8-9; Ja. 5:7)
· Know your target. (Eph. 6:16)
· Be persistent. (2 Ki. 13:18-19)
· Be united and in harmony. (Mat. 18:18-20; Phil. 2:1-3)
· Believe that He can and will overcome the evil one. (Eph. 3:20-21; 6:16; Mat. 21:22)
Invite the Lord’s Presence, Power and Glory to be Revealed
· He has done it before. (Acts 10:44)
· He wants us to ask. (Lk. 11:13)
· Pray this for your Pastor. (Jn. 7:38)
· Be persistent. (Lk. 11:5-10)
· Be faithful. (Lk. 18:1-8)
Intercession for Others
· Pray for specific types of people and the soil of their hearts, unsaved, carnal, bitter, etc.
· Be sensitive to where the Pastor is in his outline.
Response to Message
· Pray for the time of decision.
· Pray for the Spirit to move in the hearts of the people according to their needs.
· Pray for decisions to be sincere and permanent.