TEXT: Chronicles 6:12-42
TOPIC : Four Keys To Revival
I. HUMILITY (VV. 12-13)
A. Humility is the key to acceptance by God (Micah 6:8).
1. Humble yourself in the presence of people.
2. Humble yourself before God (1 Pet. 5:15)
3. Humility is important for all.
a. David was blessed when humble.
II. HONOR HIM (VV. 14-15)
A. Remember who He is.
1. He is Lord (Luke 6:46)
2. He is God (John 20:28)
3. He is Lord of the Church (Col. 1:18)
B. Remember what He is like.
1. He is Faithful (Heb. 10:23).
2. He is Merciful (Ps. 118:1).
III. HONE IN ON HIS PROMISES (VV. 16-18)
A. Remember His fulfilled promises.
1. Salvation (Rom. 10:13).
2. Supply (Phi. 4:19)
B. Reflect on promises yet to be fulfilled.
IV. WHOLE-HEARTEDLY SEEK GOD FOR REVIVAL (VV. 19-42)
A. Get down to business in prayer (vv. 19-21).
1. Get serious and specific.
2. Let the burden pour out to God (Ps. 126:5).
a. Nehemiah (Neh. 1:4)
b. Hannah (1 Sam. 1:10)
B. Seek God to meet your need for revival (vv. 22-42).
1. Reasons for the need:
a. Defeated by the enemy (Eph. 6:10-18).
b. Drought of the spirit (Ps. 32:4)
c. Diseased in the mind and heart (Pr. 13:12).
d. Fighting battles with the enemy as you follow Christ.
· Like David (1 Sam. 17:47)
e. Everyday failings (1 Jn. 1:8-10)
C. Take the necessary steps.
1. Return whole-heartedly.
2. Confess his name.
3. Seek forgiveness.
4. Experience restoration.
Hymn: “Lord, Send a Revival”