Text: Proverbs 31:10-31
Topic: “ Mama’s Sweetest Bouquet”
I. RECOGNIZE HER WORTH (V.10).
A. She is a rare Gem (v.10a).
1. She is a treasure that is hard to find.
2. There are many who do not measure up.
a. Like Eve: Making decisions based on the wrong criteria (Gen. 3).
b. Like Jezebel: Leading all around her to destruction (1 Ki. 21:25).
c. Like Athalia, Josiah’s grandmother: Seeking power at the expense of even her family (2 Chron. 22-23).
d. Like Rebeckah: favored one child over another (Gen. 26-27).
e. Like Gomer: unfaithful to her husband (Hosea).
B. She is worth more than gems or gold (v.10b).
1. She is the greatest blessing aside from the gift of Jesus!
II. REMEMBER ALL SHE DOES (VV.11-27).
A. She is trustworthy in all her ways (vv.11-12).
B. She is industrious in making a house into a home (vv. 13-15).
C. She is insightful in the business of homemaking (vv. 16-19).
D. She is merciful to those in need – teaching her household to do the same (v. 20).
1. Like Dorcas (Acts 9:39).
E. She is tireless in caring for the needs of her family (vv. 21-22).
1. Like Abigail- saved her family (1 Sam. 25).
F. She is supportive to her husband’s rise to success (v.23).
1. Like Priscilla (Acquilla’s wife) (Acts 18).
G. She is her husband’s partner in providing for the home (vv. 24-25).
H. She is a well of wisdom and a flowing river of kindness (v.26)
1. Like Deborah was known for her wisdom (Judges 4:5).
I. She is a godly wife and mother (v. 30).
III. REWARD HER WITH FLOWERS OF LOVE AND PRAISE (VV. 28-31).
A. Her children should reward her (v. 28a).
1. By honoring her (Eph. 6:2) and thanking her.
2. By leading godly lives (Prov. 17:25; 23:15).
B. Her husband should reward her (v. 28b).
1. By giving her a godly husband (Eph. 5:25-33).
2. By giving her tenderness and love (1 Peter 3:7).
3. By giving her praise, not ridicule.