TEXT: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17
ETS: Paul comforted the Thessalonians concerning those who had died in Christ before them.
ESS: Believers will be reunited with those who have died in Christ.
OSS: Christian family members and friends will find comfort in the assurance of reunion with dead loved ones.
PQ: Will I ever see my loved one again?
TOPIC: “Three Comforting facts for Brokenhearted People”
I. THE REASSURANCE THAT IS OURS (vv.13-14a).
A. Through knowing the truth about deceased loved-ones who knew Christ.
1.They have been ushered into a new life (2 Cor. 5: 6, 8).
a. As Lazarus was (Luke 16:19-31).
2. They are in an eternal place of joy (Rev. 2l:1-5 )
3. They have been rewarded for a life of faithfulness . (Matt. 25:21).
B. Through knowing the truth about the future of living, Christians.
1. Eternal life is ours through Christ (v.14a).
II. THE REUNION WE CAN LOOK FORWARD TO (vv .14b-17) .
A. Loved ones who have died in Christ will return (v.14)
1. They will return with Christ.
2. Their return is as sure as Jesus’.
B. We will be reunited with those who have died in Christ (vv.15-17) .
1. It will be a reunion that will be powered by the Lord.
2. It will be a reunion that will be permanent.
III. *THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THAT REUNION.
!! A. You must know Christ personally.
!!! 1. If you don’t know Jesus, you can’t get into heaven.