Right Thinking About The Body
Jan. 28, 1996
1Corinthians 5 and 6
1. John 8:32-35 freedom from sin through truth
2. John 8:36 freedom in Christ
3. 1Cor. 2:12 freedom of spiritual understanding
4. 1Cor. 10:23-24 freedom to seek the good of others
5. 1Pet. 2:16 freedom to live for God
6. 1Cor. 11:31 freedom to judge ourselves
I. Proper judgment by the church as the corporate body of Christ
A. The witness of holiness in the church.
B. The witness of unity in the church.
II. Proper judgment by the believer as a member of the body of Christ results in:
A. The witness of holiness in the believer as the basis for holiness in the church.
B. The witness of unity in the believer as the basis for unity in the church.
The catalyst of the community is in the court of the conscience.
What we promote in others is what we permit in ourselves.