Give God A Chance
Introduction: Cola Taste Tests
I. Taste and see that the Lord is Good
- This means to evaluate the flavor with your tongue
- in our context it means to evaluate the situation
- testing the temperature
- testing the depth
- testing if there are dangers in the waters
- Why can't you try to live for God in a more perfect way?
- This means to understand or perceive for your self
- The example of the apostle Thomas
- He would not believe until he "saw" Jesus for himself
- we cant "touch" Jesus with our physicality, but we still can know that God is real.
- we can read the scriptures, test them, a have a relationship with the God of the Bible.
- This word means to find shelter in the time of a storm
- I can see motorcycle drivers under the via duct during rain storms.
- where do we run when the storms of life are upon us?
- do we trust God enough to trust him?
II. Fear of the Lord
- fear because of perceived danger
- Don't fear man who can hurt your body, but fear God who can put both body and soul into hell
- Do we really fear what God can do to us?
- Sudden and great wonder or surprise
- When you first met your spouse.
- the great emotional feelings
III. The Blessings of God
A. Meaning of Blessings
- to be happy because your situation is favorable
B. Examples of God's Blessings
- We have what we need.
- David in the 23rd Psalm "I shall not want"
- We may not have all of our hearts desires but we will not go with out necessities
C. Blessings are because of behavior
- implicit in these blessings is the thought that we are living right with God
- Eating right and having good health
- When we live as God instructs us then we will see that God wants whats best for us
Conclusion: I have never seen the righteous forsaken