The Christian and Money
Introduction: Systems that promote themselves as a means to get rich can be a grave danger. The root problem is that it is another "gospel" that tries to compete with the one true Gospel.
Theme: Money making schemes and Christianity don't mix.
I. Two Conflicting Teachings (1Tim 6:1-6)
A matter of the mind: To whom will you listen?
- The teachings of apostles (1Tim 6:1-2)
- The teaching of heretics (1Tim 6:3-6)
II. Two Conflicting Attitudes (1Tim 6:6-10)
A matter of emotions: With what will you be content?
- Godliness with contentment is a treasure (1Tim 6:6-8)
- Discontentment is a trap (1Tim 6:9-10)
III. Two Conflicting Goals (1Tim 6:11-19)
A matter of the will: Who or what will you serve?
- What to flee (ITim 6:11 and v.17)
- What to pursue (ITim 6:11-19)