Drop files to upload.
Faithlife Corporation


Illustration  •  Submitted
0 ratings
Notes & Transcripts

The financial crisis in the United States has deeply impacted the thinking of many adults between the ages of 44 and 75. A life insurance company recently conducted a survey and found that the fear of dying is no longer the primary fear among those adults. Instead, their main concern is running out of money. The poll, reported by AARP, is based on the responses of over 3200 people nationwide, and found 61 per cent of respondents said running out of money was their biggest fear. The remaining 39 percent of those surveyed said they were more afraid of dying than a lack of money.

The findings represent a shift in general thinking patterns among that age group. Concerns over the failing social security system, and loss of savings has brought those issues to the forefront. At one time, people preparing for retirement found a lot of comfort in their religious beliefs and family relationships. As more and more people concentrated on building large retirement funds, they placed put their future in the hands of corporations and banking institutions. When those organizations experienced difficulties, individual’s net worth dropped, and they were forced to cut back and reconsider plans. The poll may signal a return to more traditional approaches that value family, friendship, and community over money.


--http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/07/07/compared-to-money-shortage-fear-of-death-no-biggie/; July 7, 2010. Illustration by Jim L. Wilson and Jim Sandell

Proverbs 11:7 (CEV) “When the wicked die, their hopes die with them.”

See the rest →
Get this media plus thousands more when you start a free trial.
Get started for FREE
See the rest →