The Power of Meekness
I would like to begin by asking these questions, why should christians be meek and humble and what are the problems caused by pride,arrogance,ego,self exaltation,haughtiness and self-will. It is important for a christian to live a life of humility and meekness for Jesus said,...take my yoke upon you and learn of me for I am meek and lowly in heart. In essence if the Messiah had to go through the growth process then we christians need it too. A christian with the spirit of pride,arrogance,ego...etc will not benefit much, your prayer and relationship with God will not be perfect .In the book of Proverbs 8:13 it clearly states God hates the pride and arrogant,for the fear of the Lord is to hate evil behavior and perverse speech. With meekness and humility you will have sound judgment,counsel and wisdom.
In the book of Numbers 12:13, it is written that Moses cried unto the Lord to heal Miriam even when they spoke arrogantly against the servant of God (Moses),he listened to Aaron to plead for the mercies of God upon Miriam,and God gave the instruction for her restoration. If Moses did not have the spirit of humility and meekness he would not have cried unto God,the proud and arrogant will condemn and act wrongly to add more injury to Miriam. The Lord Jesus in Mathew 11:29-30 said I am meek and lowly in heart and you shall find rest unto your souls,for my yoke is easy and my burden is light, from this passage the proud and arrogant will carry their burdens not allowing God's will, that is where self will,ego,self exhaltaion and haughtiness will set in. We cannot do it on our own until we let God in to help us.
SOME CHARACTERISTICS OF A MEEK CHRISTIAN:
1. A Meek person lacks pride
2 .A Meek person is submissive
3. A Meek person is not rude
4. A Meek person is not reckless
5. A Meek Person does not resent
6. A Meek person does not revolt or rebel
7. A Meek person is submissive and modest.
The genuine meek and humble christian is evenly composed and there is a Godly principle within them that cannot be compromised, you don't see them revenge or retaliate and they will not spend time fighting,there is no violent behavior or wild attitude and they are never out of control. The meek and humble christian always seek to be better than they were yesterday,they strive to progress and improve their relationship with Christ and others and they don't compare themselves and compete with others,they will not run down or trample on others to have their way,the meek will always be heavenly bound thoughts( righteousness,peace,joy and holiness)
WHAT IS NOT MEEKNESS
1. It does not mean you are foolish or an idiot
2. It does not mean you should swallow errors
3. It does not mean you should compromise righteousness or the standard of the word of God
4. It is not submitting to oppression
5. It is not causing divisions,factions,gossip
SOME BIBLICAL TRUTH ABOUT MEEKNESS
1. Zephaniah 2:3; The meek christian will be righteous as well.
2. I Corinthians 4:21; The meek will love. Some appear humble and sluggish but inside the heart is a smoke of hatred and malice.
3. II Corinthians 10:1; Gentlenesss and Meekness cannot be seperated.
4. Ephesians 4:2; Meekness and lowliness with long suffering fore bearing one another in Love,just absolute purity and simplicity will make God show you his ways.
5. Mathew 11:28; The christian will be meek and lowly in heart and will have peace and rest of mind,body soul and spirit.
6. Colosians 3:12; Meekness and Humility go together. As the elect of God put on therefore the holiness, kindness humbleness of mind...meekness and longsuffering.
7. I Peter 3:4; If you are meek you will have quiet spirit. Some believers are noisy and boistrous. that is concentrating on developing the inner man.
PROVEN PEOPLE IN THE BIBLE
Christlike: He did not show weakness of character like timidity,passive and disposition of character.
Aaron: Compromised by helping the people of Israel made themselves a god to worship whilst Moses was on the mounatiain receiving instructions from God,that is demonstrating weakness of character not sticking to the standard of God's word.
Eli: Being the Priest of God he could not discipline his children and in God's sight it was unacceptable therefore God himself promised to supervise his punishment, I pray we will not come to that point in our christian walk with God in Jesus name. Following Patience does not mean you don't have conviction,faith or the audacity to discipline.
One very important truth about the meek is that you will not defend yourself in any situation because God who sees through the heart will defend his interest in you.
Moses: He had the conviction of charater that is why the bible says he was the meekest man that ever lived as it is recorded in Numbers 12:3.
Hannah: In I Samuel 1:13 Hannah responded with a humble talk,she had self control and knew what she had gone in to the temple to do. I will encourage us all to learn to talk humble not fire for fire,but fire for water in every department of our lives.
In Zephaniah 2:3; Seek ye the Lord all ye meek of the earth which have wrought his judgment seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the Lord's anger.
WHAT TO DO
2. Show Meekness; conversations,dealings,homes,offices..etc
3. Set as a standard of living
4. Serve in Meekness
5. Share Meekness in others life
6. Submit to Meekness
7. Sow Meekness peoples life
When you live a life meekness God will guide,teach,reveal, and show you His ways, because he finds humility in your heart and walk with him.
Pray These Prayers For the Spirit of Meekness and Humility; Shout it loud and Clear; Read Isaiah 40:28-31
1. Lord Jesus Baptise me with the Holy Ghost and Fire,in Jesus name.
2. O Lord my Father circumcise my heart in Jesus name
3.Lord lead me in thy truth and teach me thy ways in Jesus name.
4.Holy Spirit enforce the will of my Father in my life and destiny in Jesus name.
5. My Father send your axe deliverance into my foundation in Jesus name.
6. Holy Spirit overhaul my heart in Jesus name.
7. Every spirit that is not of God in my life come out of me in Jessus name.
8.Any power that must have tied me to satan break and loose your hold over my life and destiny. in Jesus name.
9. Every fragmented pieces of my heart and destiny in the valley of decision begin to gather together,receive life and live in Jesus name.
10. Every cage of limitations be broken by the Power of the Holy Ghost in Jesus name.
We thank You Lord Jesus for your Kindness and Love.