Precious Promises of Jesus Part 1
John 14th chapter Jesus was speaking to the disciples about the fact that no matter what the future was about to bring no matter what they thought would happen He had promises for them to calm them in their hearts these promises are for us too!
Text: Read John 14:1-3
- A Home in Heaven!
- “Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus!
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
- A promise of a home for all of us in Heaven!
2 In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
- He even says how to get there! John 14:6KJV
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
- Jesus is coming back! Beginning in John 14:3 we are reminded that He is coming again! Don’t lose hope because Jesus is coming back! First there will be a . . .
- Great Resurrection
1 Thessalonians 4:14-15KJV
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
- Then the rapture of the saints "Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord." (1 Thessalonians 4:17, KJV)
- Most important a meeting in the air! #. They (we) will do greater works! John 14:12KJV
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
a. We must believe and have faith! Works will follow!
B. Jesus works didn’t end they continue even today!
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
c. How we are able to do this is because the Spirit enables us
"But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." (Acts 1:8, KJV)