WHAT IS GOD’S LAW??
Mat 19:9 And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and he that marrieth her when she is put away committeth adultery.
NOTE that this passage says “Whosoever” ….commits adultery.”
Ask, who is the “Whosoever” that commits adultery.
There are two “whosoever’s” who commit adultery;
1. the “whosoever” that shall put away his wife and shall marry another woman……..except for adultery on her part.
2. the “whosoever” that has married a woman who has been put away, for adultery (any woman that has been put away. )
In essence this passage says;
1. All persons who shall put away their companions and shall marry another companion, except upon the grounds of fornication on the put away companion , are persons who keep on committing adultery.
2. All persons who have married a having-been put away companion are persons who keep on committing adultery.
3. All persons who, because of fornication upon the part of their companions. put away their companions and form another marriage are persons who DO NOT commit adultery (or ARE N OT persons who commit adultery).
THE MARRIAGE LAW IS GOD’S LAW FROM THE BEGINNING, NOT MANS.
Gen 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
ALL MEN ARE SUBJECT OR AMENABLE TO THAT LAW, FROM THE BEGINNING.
If it were not so, why do we have the command to teach all men everywhere to repent, why do we have the plan of salvation?
What is there to teach?
What is there to repent of??
Sin,… it is the transgression of God’s law.
1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
Jas 4:17 Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.