Some thoughts on angels
- The angels worship Jesus – Jesus Christ was no ordinary man. He was special. He was unique. He is God’s ‘only Son’ (John 3:16). He is God’s ‘beloved Son’ (Matthew 3:17; Luke 9:35). He is not only the greatest Man who ever lived. He is ‘greater than the angels’ in heaven. ‘All God’s angels’ are called to ‘worship Him’ (Hebrews 1:4-6).
- The angels direct our attention to Jesus – “I bring you good news of a great joy which will come to all the people; for to you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour who is Christ the Lord” (Luke 2:10-11).
- The angels rejoice when we come to Jesus – “There is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents” (Luke 15:10).
- The angels call us to be faithful to Christ – “Whoever acknowledges Me before men, the Son of Man will also acknowledge him before the angels of God” (Luke 12:8). This means more than paying lip-service to Christ. Choosing Him means choosing to live a life which shares His priorities. It is to be a whole-hearted commitment.
- The angels call us to give all the glory to God – When we hear of the Lord Jesus Christ, our great Saviour, let us join with the angels in saying, ‘Glory to God in the highest…’ (Luke 2:14).