Inc. - Listening - The Hidden Gift
Inc. – Listening “The Hidden Gift”
Mk 6 30-37
- John 20:21
- David Platt – Book “Radical” - “Do you want to go teach this?”
- The Hidden Gift…
- There is always more going on than we see
- Bill Van Regenmoter story about praying for a guy in the hospital
- My mom sharing she loves me
30 The apostles gathered around Jesus and reported to him all they had done and taught. 31 Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.”
Counter the World
- When things are busy we stay till the end
32 So they went away by themselves in a boat to a solitary place. 33 But many who saw them leaving recognized them and ran on foot from all the towns and got there ahead of them. 34 When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So he began teaching them many things.
What did Jesus see?
- Why did he see this…?
- Why did He change the plan
- What might that look like today
35 By this time it was late in the day, so his disciples came to him. “This is a remote place,” they said, “and it’s already very late. 36 Send the people away so they can go to the surrounding countryside and villages and buy themselves something to eat.”
What did the disciples see?
- Why did they see this
- Jesus answer to them
37 But he answered, “You give them something to eat.”
What does this sound like?
- Hidden Gift
- David Platt – Teach this
- Disinfecting – isolating Christians in this building teaching us to be good
- Success = people in big building
- Discipling – propelling Christians into the world to teach others
- Success = how many can we send out of the building
Jason Hollander’s testimony
Healing Service next week
- Who can you teach that too
- Do you know anyone who needs healing or prayer