Does God Speak To Man
DOES GOD SPEAK TO MAN ?
Job 33:14-21 (KJV)
14 For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not.
15 In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;
16 Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction,
17 That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man.
18 He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword.
19 He is chastened also with pain upon his bed, and the multitude of his bones with strong pain:
20 So that his life abhorreth bread, and his soul dainty meat.
21 His flesh is consumed away, that it cannot be seen; and his bones that were not seen stick out.
· God does so in various ways—now one way, now another—
· One means is through dreams (vv. 14-18—Bible Knowledge Commentary
· and another is through illness and pain (vv. 19-22). —
1. The problem iWhen people dream, Elihu said, God may speak in their ears —Bible Knowledge Commentarys that often man does not sense that God is communicating—
2. turn people from wrongdoing or pride*—Bible Knowledge Commentary
3. He now communicates to people through Christ, the Living Word (Heb. 1:2), and the Bible, the written Word (2 Tim. 3:16).—Bible Knowledge Commentary