EXODUS 14: 1-2
And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,  Speak unto the children of Israel, that they turn and encamp before Pi-hahiroth, between Migdol and the sea, over against Baal-zephon: before it shall ye encamp by the sea.
“Out of the Frying Pan into the Fire”
“Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea”
1 Scene 1: God's plan and purpose (v.1-4)
a. God's instructions to Moses (v.1-2)
1) To turn back (v.2a)
2) To camp by the sea, opposite Baal-zephon near Pi-hahiroth, between Migdol and the sea (v.2b)See
· THESIS SENTENCE: THE JOURNEY IS GOD’S OBSTACLE COURSE FOR GROWING IN FAITH, GRACE, AND TRUST!
WHAT There was a more direct route to get them where they were going
· There was a broader and wider way for the to escape
· There was a more open thourough fare to bring them to there destination
· A more clearer way
BUT GOD LEADS THEM TO A CULDASAC.
Hills and Valleys to the right of them
Red sea in front of them
And Pharaoh is behind them.
Sometimes God brings us to a place we cannot get any help from nobody
Your oughta be richer, educated, better car, bigger house or a better relationship
· A Red Sea that they cannot cross
· Pharoah Army that they can not defeat
· Where are you in your Faith
· Do you have in rivers that you cannot cross?
DOES THE JOURNEY LOOK LIKE?
I. THE JOURNEY IS GOING THE LONG WAY
A. God chooses the long way
1. Exodus 13: 17 – 18, “When Pharaoh let the people go, God did not lead them on the road through the Philistine country, though that was shorter. For God said, ‘If they face war, they might change their minds and return to Egypt.’ So God led the people around by the desert road toward the Red Sea. The Israelites went up out of Egypt armed for battle.”
2. A few observations from these two verses. After being in bondage 430 years, exactly to the day, (Exodus 12:41), do you think the Israelites were ready to fight? No! Long term Bondage takes the fight right out of you. The fight had been beaten out of them!
3. Yet, did you take note of that last phrase? “The Israelites went up out of Egypt armed for battle.” God knows that the way we appear on the outside is possible not the reality on the inside. Men are often like this! They look tough, but they have no “REAL” fight left in them!
4. The bottom line here is that God knows what we are up to and what we are not. HE CARES THAT MUCH, OR DOES HE?
5. He headed his flock straight to the sea?
B. God chooses the way of most resistance
1. How many times did Moses have to say to Pharaoh, “Let My People Go”? SEVEN TIMES!!
2. How many times did God have to PLAGUE PHARAOH? Count them, 10 times God “Plagued” Pharaoh before he would let go, and if we count the Red Sea, possible 11: Blood, Frogs, Gnats, Flies, Livestock, Boils, Hail, Locusts, Darkness, and First Born.
3. Why did God have to do that and