JER. 20: 9
JER 20:9 Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.
1. This man wanted to shrank from his responsibility
2. He was ready to throw up his hands
3. He was full of despair
4. He is disappointed and defeated
5. He was not moving his membership…but just stop churching altogether
· Figurative or symbolic uses include the representation of the divine presence, holiness, glory, guidance, and protection
· Words for fire are used about 450 times in Scripture with both literal and figurative meanings.
· Melting: Icy coldness, hard indifference, stubborn and self will…fire will bring about a change.
PSA 39:3 My heart was hot within me, while I was musing the fire burned: then spake I with my tongue,
JOB 32:18 For I am full of matter, the spirit within me constraineth me. 19 Behold, my belly is as wine which hath no vent; it is ready to burst like new bottles. 20 I will speak, that I may be refreshed: I will open my lips and answer.