Be Careful How You Live – Because You Love Jesus!
‘Be very careful how you live’ (5:16).
This is for all of us – in every situation of life.
How are we to live?
- We are to ‘be filled with the Spirit’.
- We are to have ‘reverence for Christ’.
- We are to live ‘as servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart.’
- We are to ‘be strong in the Lord’. We are to ‘pray at all times in the Spirit’.
- We are to ‘to love our Lord Jesus Christ with love undying’ (5:18, 21;6:6, 10, 18, 24).
Careful living emerges from true spirituality. It is not a matter of rules and regulations. It is a matter of love for Jesus.
We’re not to be like the Pharisees: ‘On the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy’, ‘These people honour Me with their lips, but their hearts are far from Me’ (Matthew 23:28; Mark 7:6).
Take care – because you love Jesus!