Where are the fruits our church should be bearing?
What does a church need to be a living, growing church? What does it need to see revival?
· Musicians? (They do help but is that what God is looking for this morning?)
· Piano Player? (Don’t get me wrong we neeed a pianist desperately but that won’t bring revival!)
· Preaching? (Some want loud some want soft fast, slow, spiritual, easy spoken) believe it or not preaching doesn’t bring revival!
· Money? (Our bills must be paid, but money won’t bring revival!)
· Nice building? Our building is beautiful when does the revival start?
1. What does God want to see happen here? What should we be praying for?
Acts 2:40-47 (KJV 1900)
40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. 41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls. 42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers. 43 And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles. 44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common; 45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. 46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, 47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
Souls to be saved!
Luke 13:24-27 (KJV 1900)
24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. 25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are: 26 Then shall ye begin to say, We have eaten and drunk in thy presence, and thou hast taught in our streets. 27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.
2. Abounding Grace Assembly of God should be seeing something that we haven’t seen in how long?
How long has it been since we have seen a soul saved at this altar?
How long has it been since we felt that growth in our church among our membership?
A lot of people are dying and going to a devils hell! While dust gathers on the altar!
3. Some believe rightly so that we need help in this work others to work in this field.
Matthew 9:36-38 (KJV 1900)
36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd. 37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; 38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.
· We must as a church be in prayer for souls to be saved for labourers to be here to help for the chances to win the lost and the words to say!
2 Chronicles 7:14 (KJV 1900)
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.