Fishers of Men
Fishers of Men
What is a Christian supposed to do? Go to church, be good (morally speaking that is), don’t sin, help others who need help; but what else? Oh yea, pray, read their bible, think good thoughts.
Is that what our idea of Christianity truly is? Is that all we think Christians do? How many souls have I won? How much have I taught the world about Jesus?
Am I a “Fisher of Men”? And I don’t mean girls looking for a date!
18 And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. 19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. 20 And they straightway left their nets, and followed him. 21 And going on from thence, he saw other two brethren, James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother, in a ship with Zebedee their father, mending their nets; and he called them. 22 And they immediately left the ship and their father, and followed him.
Are you a Fisher of Men? Do you want to be? Do you care? A fisher of men is a soul winner someone who brings people into the house of God!
Different types of fishermen.
- Those who just don’t like it, so they don’t do it they don’t want to do it. This fisherman has at one time tried it and didn’t have any luck so he/she quit!
- Those who like to fish, when they get the time. They just don’t have the time to waste on fishing. This fisherman tried it, had some good fortune but has too much else to do. Too many other things he/she likes to do.
- Those who love to fish much like my cousin Bobby Lucas. He spent all his free time (and some time that wasn’t so free) on fishing. The last time I was at his house he was talking about his boat. He didn’t really have the money to repair the motor but he was going to find it and get that boat fixed no matter what! This type of fisherman is the one we need to be when it comes to fishers of men! Allow nothing to get in your way, keep using your time to bring in all those you can!
- But our church is too small to do anything. Nobody wants to come out to a church in a library. Jesus started with 12 men! And NO building they went wherever they needed to go!
20 And Jesus saith unto him, The foxes have holes, and the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.
- But I don’t have time, I have a family to worry about!
21 And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father. 22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead.
- I can’t talk to people out there I just don’t know what to say.
10 And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. 11 And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man’s mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?
- I’ve tried but I’ve messed up too many times, many have promised to come but they don’t show up.
14 For many are called, but few are chosen.
Ever want to be a fisher of men? There are many of our loved ones going to a devils hell because they don’t know Jesus as their savior and often we just sit back and watch it!