To understand the Christian message, we must do more than simply telling the story of Jesus.
We must ask the question, “What does this mean for us today?”
To answer this question, we need to read our Bibles. We need to listen for the voice of God Himself.
As we read God’s Word, allowing His Good News to reach our hearts, we will discover that Jesus Christ brings peace and hope.
Jesus brings us peace.
- First, there is the peace which comes from knowing that our sins have been forgiven.
- Second, there is the peace which comes from knowing that Jesus Christ, “the Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6), has some to live in our hearts.
We have peace because of who Jesus is.
- Jesus is our Saviour (Matthew 1:21). Since He is our Saviour, He is able to forgive our sins.
- Jesus is “Emmanuel” (”God with us”) (Matthew 1:23). Since He is Emmanuel (God with us), He is able to live in our hearts.
Jesus gives us hope.
- First, there is the hope which comes from the assurance that we’re on our way to heaven.
- Second, there is the hope which comes from the assurance that Jesus is with us every step of the way.
We have hope because of who Jesus is.
He is the King - the King of glory and the King of love.
*We know that Jesus is able to bring us safely to heaven because He Himself came from heaven.”
“He came down to earth from heaven, who is God and Lord of all.”
“Who came down from heaven to earth? Jesus Christ our Saviour!”
“Who is He in yonder stall, at whose feet the shepherds fall?
‘Tis the Lord! O wondrous story! ‘Tis the Lord, the King of Glory!”
- We know that Jesus will be with us every step of the way because we know that He Himself has travelled the way of the Cross. Through Jesus’ death on the Cross, we have the assurance that He is the King of love.
Whatever our circumstances, we rejoice that the Lord is there beside us and His Cross is there to guide us.
This is the Source of our hope - Jesus Christ, the King of glory and the King of love.
To know Jesus as the Saviour, Emmanuel (God with us), the King of glory and the King of love is to enjoy the blessings of His peace and hope.
May these blessings be ours today and every day.