Christianity is a Wonderful Life
By Willie Alvarenga
PURPOSE OF THE LESSON: Show the audience that being a Christian is a wonderful life. Also encourage non-Christians to become Christians.
1. Brothers and sisters, Christianity is a wonderful life!
2. My friends, Christianity is a wonderful life!
3. It is my prayer that we never forget that!
4. In this lesson I want to accomplish several things:
a. # 1 Encourage Christians to live a happy life in Christ
b. # 2 Encourage those who have not obeyed the gospel to do so
c. # 3 Encourage Christians to share this wonderful life with everyone
5. Who is a Christian?
a. This word is found 3 times in our New Testament (Acts 11:26; 26:28 & 1 Peter 4:16).
b. A Christian is a person who has obeyed the gospel of Jesus Christ (Plan of salvation)
c. A Christian is a person who is in Christ (Galatians 3:27)
d. A Christian is a follower of Christ (word Christian in Greek means a follower of Christ)
6. Why should someone consider the decision of becoming a Christian?
a. # 1 A Christian is a follower of Christ, and those who follow Christ, follow the way to Heaven (John 14:6).
b. # 2 Only genuine Christians have received the forgiveness of their sins (Acts 2:38, 41; 22:16; Ephesians 1:7)
c. # 3 Christianity is a wonderful life as we shall see in this lesson.
7. Therefore, with this in mind, let us consider the reasons why Christianity is a wonderful life!
STATEMENT OF DISCUSSION: Christianity is a wonderful life for the following reasons:
I. IT IS A LIFE FILLED WITH PEACE!
1. God has given peace to Christians:
A. John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you”
B. Psalm 29:11 “The Lord will give strength to His people; The Lord will bless His people with peace”
C. Isaiah 9:6; Eph. 2:16 Jesus Christ is the Prince of Peace; Therefore, if we are in Him, and we are in Him (Gal. 3:27; Acts 2:37; Rom. 6:4), then we are where peace is.
D. Philippians 4:7 “And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus”
2. No matter what comes our way, we have peace in our hearts.
3. Definition of Biblical Peace: “Peace is not the absence of problems, but the presence of God in the midst of problems”
4. In order for a person to have peace, he or she must be in Christ Jesus (Isaiah 9:6).
II. IT IS A LIFE FILLED WITH DIVINE PROTECTION!
1. We Christians need protection because we have a powerful enemy:
a. Our adversary and roaring lion (I Peter 5:8)
b. The wicked one (I John 5:19)
c. The tempter (Matthew 4:2; I Thess. 3:5)
d. The hinderer (I Thess. 2:8)
2. God protects His people:
a. Exodus 14:14
b. John 16:33
c. I John 4:4
d. Hebrews 13:5
e. Psalm 27:1
f. Psalm 121:1
g. Matthew 28:20
3. God gives Christians the necessary weapons to defeat Satan:
a. The Sword of the Spirit (Eph. 6:17; Heb. 4:12)
b. Prayer (Matthew 26:41; I Thess. 5:17)
c. Our faith in God (I John 5:4)
d. The strength (Eph. 6:10-18)
4. When you become a Christian, you enter the circle where God’s protection is!
III. IT IS A LIFE FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS!
1. Christians are a happy people, no matter what they may encounter!
a. Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord!
b. James 1:2 Count it all joy my brethren
c. Colossians 1:24 Now I rejoice in the sufferings
d. Acts 5:40-42 Rejoiced in tribulation
e. Acts 16:25 Singing and praying at midnight
2. What keeps Christians happy even when they suffered?
a. II Timothy 3:12; Acts 14:23 They already know they will suffer
b. Philippians 1:29 They know it is a privilege to suffer for Christ
c. Romans 8:18 Sufferings don’t compared to the glory that will come
d. Revelation 2:10; James 1:12 Crown of life will come to those who overcome
e. Revelation 3:5 Know that names will not be removed from the book if they persevere
f. II Corinthians 4:17 Suffering is a light affliction
3. Christians rejoice because they have the Bible, the Word of God!
a. Jeremiah 15:16 God’s Word brings happiness
b. Psalm 19:8 The Statutes of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart!
c. Psalm 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord
d. Psalm 119:111 Your Testimonies are the rejoicing of my heart!
4. If you want to be a happy person, you must consider becoming a Christian today!
IV. IT IS A LIFE FILLED WITH HOPE OF BEING IN HEAVEN SOME DAY!
1. The reason why you are here today is because you want to be in heaven some day!
2. God has promised heaven to the faithful:
a. Philippians 3:20 Our citizenship is in heaven
b. Our house is in heaven (II Cor. 5:1-2)
c. Our mansion is in heaven (John 14:1-3)
d. A place of rest and tranquility (Rev. 21:4)
3. God has allowed suffering to be in this world so that we can long for a better place in Heaven!
4. Do you want to be in heaven some day?
5. Remember that non-Christians will not be in heaven (Matthew 7:21)
6. Obedience is essential to being in heaven some day (Hebrews 5:8-9)
1. The Ethiopian Eunuch continue his way rejoicing (Acts 8:40)
a. Received forgiveness of sins (Acts 2:38; 22:16)
b. Was reconciled with God (Eph. 2:13-16)
c. Received no condemnation (Rom. 8:1)
d. Received a new life (II Cor. 5:17; Rom. 6:4)
e. Received hope of eternal life (Titus 1:2; I John 5:11)
f. Received salvation (Mark 16:16; I Peter 3:21)
g. Received all the blessings in Christ (Eph. 1:3)
3. Will you please consider obeying the gospel today so that you can have all of these blessings?
4. Christianity is a wonderful life!