Defining Moments #4
Jonathan A. Buckland
A Defining Attitude
Theme Verse Philippians 4:4 4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!
A. An Excellent Attitude
1. Daniel was held captive by the Babylonians – (his captivity did not destroy his attitude)
2. Daniel was placed in difficult situations – (predicted the end of the King’s reign….)
3. When King Darius was ready to give promotions, he gave them based on the spirit they possessed.
Daniel 6:1-3 It pleased Darius to set over the kingdom 120 satraps, to be throughout the whole kingdom; 2 and over them three high officials, of whom Daniel was one, to whom these satraps should give account, so that the king might suffer no loss. 3 Then this Daniel became distinguished above all the other high officials and satraps, because an excellent spirit was in him. And the king planned to set him over the whole kingdom.
4. When the King Get’s Ready to Promote, He is Looking for the Right Attitude!
B. Live It Out – How do I live it out in my life?
David gives us some advice as to how to have a Defining Attitude that rejoices in the Lord!
Psalm 40:9-10 9 I proclaim your saving acts in the great assembly; I do not seal my lips, LORD, as you know. 10 I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and your saving help. I do not conceal your love and your faithfulness
from the great assembly
1. Proclaim God’s work of salvation – when you begin to tells of God’s works it is very difficult to remain negative & hopeless.
2. Live Bold Righteousness – do not hide and be timid, but expose the righteousness of God in your life! Doing Business as usual drags your spirit down, but when you live Boldy for Christ it becomes infectious in a good way for your attitude!
3. Speak of God’s Faithfulness, to yourself and to others - Recognize that there is nothing you can do that would make God give up on you!
4. Share God’s Love With Others, there is plenty to go around (the more your share God’s love the more God’s love grows, much like a disease)
What does your attitude say about you?
Psalm 40:16 But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who long for your saving help always say, “The LORD is great!”
When you seek God you can’t help but respond with an attitude of Gladness and Rejoicing!
When we Long for God’s Saving help our Response will be: GOD IS GREAT!