THE THRONE OF GRACE
STUDY TEXT: Heb. 4:14-16
- Because Jesus is our high priest we are
a. Hold fast our profession.
1. We are not to deny him or be ashamed of him.
2. We are not to be discouraged by our challenges to go back from him.
3. We are not to be double minded in our walk with him.
4. We are not to walk in disobedience to his words and commands to us.
b. Come badly to the throne of grace.
1. We are to come through the righteousness of the blood of Jesus.
2. We are to come with assurance that we will be gladly received.
3. We are to come with certainty that our request shall be granted.
4. We are to come with readiness to receive help in all our weaknesses.
1. The priest of the throne of grace.
2. The people for the throne of grace.
3. The provision at the throne of grace.
1. THE PRIEST OF THE THRONE OF GRACE.
- After giving his life as a sacrifice, he entered Heaven and serves in the presence of God as our high priest.
1. Jesus was both the priest and the sacrifice itself.
- He offered himself for all the people as a perfect sacrifice for sin, dying in sinner’s place.
2. Jesus mediates the new and better covenant that we might receive the promise of external inheritance.
3. He is in Heaven to bestow the grace of God upon us who believe.
- By his grace.
1. Christ regenerates us. John 3:3
2. He pours out the Holy Spirit upon us. Acts 1:4, 2:4, 33
4. Jesus acts as a mediator between God and all who have broken God’s law and seek forgiveness and reconciliation. 1John 2:1-2
5. Jesus holds his priesthood permanently, sympathizing with believers temptations and aiding them in their needs.
6. Jesus lives forever to make intercession continually in heaven for all those who come unto God by him.
THE PEOPLE FOR THE THRONE OF GRACE
1. All sinners in need of repentance and salvation. zachears
2. All self-righter’s and innocent people ignorant of the grace of God. Cornelius
3. All backsliders or believers that fell into sin. Peter
4. Everyone in needs of grace for a victorious Christian living.
5. Everyone in need of help for a divine assignment or responsibility.
6. Everyone facing difficulties and challenges of life.
7. Everyone in need of blessing both physical and spiritual.
THE PROVISION AT THE THRONE OF GRACE.
It is called the throne of grace because from it floors.
1. The love of God.
2. Help from above.
3. Mercy that prevails over judgment. (the idolatrous woman)
4. Forgiveness of all kinds of sin.
5. God’s wisdom, knowledge and understanding.
6. Fruit and gifts of the Holy Spirit.
7. All that we need in all circumstances.