- God’s call to worship – “Sing and shout for joy … Rejoice with all your heart …” (Zephaniah 3:14).
- ” … My heart praises the Lord; my soul is glad because of God my Saviour” (Luke 1:46-47).
- We are to worship God with all our heart.
- We are to worship Him with joy. We are to worship Him because of what He has done for us.
To understand what true worship is, it will be helpful to think about what it is not.
- True worship is not half-hearted worship.
- True worship is not offered to God in a spirit of legalistic obligation.
- True worship is not centred upon ourselves – what we need and what we want.
Our worship is to be whole-hearted worship, joyful worship and God-centred worship.
May God give us the Spirit of true worship – whole-hearted worship, joyful worship, God-centred worship.