The Kind of Men We Don't Need
1. Paul likens the church unto a body, has different members, but all needed.
2. There are some that are not needed in the church here or anywhere.
3. Reason: They hamper the harmony and retard church work and church growth.
4. Who are some of these?
I. DICTATORS LIKE DIOTHEPHES - 3 John 9.
A. He wanted pre-eminence and cared not about the havoc he caused.
B. God hates those that sow the seeds of discord - Prov.6:16-19.
C. In matters of Judgment, the elders have the rule - Heb.13:17.
1. "Obey" means to "give up to."
2. To pout means were small in spiritual stature and short in soul.
D. Elder Brother is an example in Luke 15.
1. He wanted to run his fathers house.
2. Some right now want to run the Father's kingdom.
II. ENVIOUS AND JEALOUS LIKE JOSEPH'S BROTHERS - Gen. 37.
A. Relate the story of hatred and bitter contempt caused by this cancer.
B. Some are jealous and envious when others are noticed and favored today.
C. Bro. Marshall Keeble told why he couldn't have a Billy Graham in our
brotherhood, we don't want anybody to get the popular.
III. MEN OF WRATH LIKE CAIN- Gen. 4.
A. He got mad religion.
B. Some will cut down right to let error prevail.
C. Destroy the standard instead of measuring up to it.
IV. LIKE DEMAS WHO LOVE THE WORLD MORE THAN THE CHURCH.
A. There are those who are the opposite - Heb.11:24,25.
B. All under the pressure of society to conform us to worldly standards - Rom.12:1;
1 Tim.5:22; 1 John 2:15-17.
1. All types of immorality can be named.
2. We have brethren partaking of every dark damnable thing.
3. Can't hold on to the world with one hand and the blood stained hand of Jesus.
C. We need to keep the world out or get out - Rev.3:15,16.
D. Which comes first at your house - popularity or purity?
1. This is why some seel truth for error.
2. 1 Samuel 15.
V. THOSE LIKE JOHN MARK WHO TURN BACK - Acts 13:13.
A. Useless to speculate as to why he left the mission fields.
B. Luke 9:62.
C. A sickening picture - 2 Peter 2:20-22.
VI. LIKE DAVID, SEE OTHER'S FAULTS BUT NOT OUR OWN - 2 Sam.11&12.
A. It was alright to steal a lamb, but not another man's wife.
B. Everything we say is always for "brother and sister so in so.
C. Jesus condemned harsh, censorious judgment - Matt.7:1-5.
1. The reason she came to church was to show off the new dress.
2. Have you been walking where angel's refused to walk - Jude 9.
D. Confess your own sins not your brothers and sisters - James 5:19,20.
VII. LIKE JUDAS, WHO LOVED MONEY MORE THAN YOU LOVE THE LORD.
A. Some are selling Jesus cheaper.
1. Twenty-five years age - 3rd place in giving. Only the Catholics and the J.W.s
Surpassed us; now we are now listed in the top 30.
2. We spend more on tobacco and dog food than the Great Commission.
VIII. LIKE THE SELF-RIGHTEOUS PHARISEE - Luke 18:10.
A. He believed in congratulating himself - Isa 64:6.
B. We give him a hard way to go - but how many are like him.
1. Devoutly religious - prayed to God daily.
2. Decent and upright - business and marriage.
3. Fasted twice a weak and gave 10 percent.
1. The church being a body doesn't need these for they are just like a cancer.
2. Isa.59:1,2. Need not be separated, Jesus shed His blood for us.
3. Plan of Salvation.