The New Birth
"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born anew (from above), he cannot see the Kingdom of God" (John 3:3).
(1) The absolute need of the new birth - because of sin (Romans 3:23);
(2) The Gospel basis for the new birth is the death of Christ for us (Titus 3:3-7).
(3) The indispensable condition for the new birth is personal faith in Christ (John 1:12-13).
(4) The spiritual character of the new birth - by the Spirit through the Word (1 Peter 1:23-25);
(5) The spiritual benefits of the new birth: (a) a child of God (Galatians 4:4-6);
(b) a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17);
(c) partaker of the divine nature (2 Peter 1;3-4);
(d) sharing in Christ's victory (1 John 5:4-5);
(e) eternal life (1 John 5:11-12).