The Extraordinary Christian
Bro. Bill Mostrales
Text: 2 Peter 3:18
But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
To him be glory both now and forever. Amen.
I. Resist THE 'ME FIRST' MENTALITY
a) This "me first" mentality was fundamentally opposed to Jesus' concept
of following Him...
- He demanded that one "deny himself" to follow Him - Lk 9:23
- He required that one "hate...his own life also" - Lk 14:26
- The "me first" mentality will be destroyed when we adopt the
"others first" principle
- The "others first" principle will be developed as we make "the
kingdom of God first" - Mt 6:33
@ When we truly put the kingdom of God and others before ourselves, then
the Lord will see to it that we have the things that we need... Php 4:19
II. Embraces TRANSFORMATION
- Rom. 12:2 - And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
- Ps. 51:10 - create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
- 2 Cor. 5:17 - Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.
@ Nick Vujicic, an amazing 31 - year - old Aussie who is now an internationally successful inspirational speaker and author. Including all three of Nick's bestselling books - Life Without Limits
III. Elevated Christian Attitude and Enthusiasm (Passion)
@ The Question is….? How to measure your attitude?
You can measure your attitude by the way other people react to you.
- Col. 1:10 - That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
- 1 Thess. 5:21- Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
- Eph. 4:15 - But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, [even] Christ: