The Power Of God's Call 2 (Outline)
The Power of God’s Call 2
I. Jeremiah’s Call (vv. 1-4).
II. Jeremiah’s Commissioning (v. 5).
A. Jeremiah’s credentials (v. 5).
Ephesians 4:4 (NASB-U), “There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling.”
In fact, we are the ekklesia, the “called-out” body of Jesus, the Christ.
1. Precognition (v 5).
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you.”
2. Preconsecration (coining a new word) (v 5).
3. Preappointment (coining a new word) (v 5).
The whole sequence of God is: “I knew; I consecrated; I formed; I appointed.”
B. Jeremiah’s commission (v. 5).
Mark 16:15 (NASB-U), “And He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.’”
1 Corinthians 12:7-12.
1 Corinthians 14:3.
When I talk about speaking prophetically, I mean to speak a fresh application of the Word of the Lord that at least:
1. Points towards the future;
2. Reveals the present priorities of the Lord for someone’s life; or
3. Sheds light on the mysteries of life; or
4. Makes sense out of pain.