Why Do I Speak In Tongues (Outline)
Are Tongues For Today?
Why Do I Speak In Tongues?
Roger Stronstad, The Charismatic Theology of St. Luke.
(I speak in tongues, because:)
1. Tongues are a part of the Biblical record that cannot be dismissed.
2. Tongues are one confirmation of the Word of God when it is preached.
3. Tongues are connected to the baptism in the Holy Ghost.
4. Tongues are a unique New Testament expression.
5. Tongues are a means of personal spiritual edification.
1 Corinthians 14:4 (NASB-U), “One who speaks in a tongue edifies himself; but one who prophesies edifies the church.”
1 Corinthians 14:14-15 (NASB-U), “For if I pray in a tongue, my spirit prays, but my mind is unfruitful.  What is the outcome then? I will pray with the spirit and I will pray with the mind also; I will sing with the spirit and I will sing with the mind also.”
Jude 1:20, “But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith; praying in the Holy Spirit.”
1 Corinthians 14:13-19 (NASB-U).
6. Tongues are a hotline of prayer.
7. Tongues are a spiritual capacity for expanded praise.
8. Tongues are the capacity for expanded worship.
9. Tongues are one capacity for spiritual warfare.
Ephesians 6:18, (NASB-U), “…pray at all times in the Spirit…” (emphasis mine).
Psalm 149:5-9 (NASB-U), “…Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two-edged sword in their hand” (emphasis mine).
10. Tongues, when interpreted, are a method of God speaking in prophecy to His Church.
1 Corinthians 14:5 (NASB-U), “…unless he interprets…” (emphasis mine).