God's Servant- A Person Of Passion (Outline)
Arise And Build!
All Things Are Possible
With God’s Help
A Person Of Passion!
I. The Passion (vv. 1-3).
Principle number one: when waiting on God to answer your prayer: “Don’t be in a hurry!
Principle number two: “When you don’t know what to do, don’t do anything!” Simply wait on God.
Psalm 27:14 (NASB-U), “Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; yes, wait for the Lord.”
Isaiah 40:31 (KJV), “But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.”
Lamentations 1:1 (NASB-U), “How lonely sits the city That was full of people! She has become like a widow Who was once great among the nations! She who was a princess among the provinces Has become a forced laborer!”
II. The Prayer (vv. 4-8).
A. The Petition To The King Of Kings (vs. 4).
Principle number three: Pray before you speak or act!
1 Thessalonians 5:17 (NASB-U), “Pray without ceasing.”
B. The Petition To The King (vv. 5-8).
“2a. the act of power of imagination; b(1): mode of seeing or conceiving (2) the unusual discernment or foresight.”
C. The Payoff (vs. 8).
III. The Prosperity (vs. 9).
IV. The Probation (vs. 10).
1. Nehemiah 2:10: Grief or displeasure at the work of God.
2. Nehemiah 2:19: Laughter at the work of God.
3. Nehemiah 4:1-4: Anger, indignation and mocking of the work of God.
4. Nehemiah 4:7-8: Fighting and open opposition to the work of God.
5. Nehemiah 6:1-2: An attempt to distract them from the work of God by gossip.
6. Nehemiah 6:10-14: False friends working against the work of God.