Bridge the Gap
1. Memorize Hebrews 3:12-13 This week.
2. Memorize Hebrews 4:12.
3. Read Colossians 2:20-3:5. What is the difference between rules, and what Paul encourages the believers to do in chapter 3? What does a rule do/give? What does chapter 3:1-4 provide which leads to verse 5?
4. Read 2 Corinthians 3:4-18. This gets to the heart of what we want to do. We want to minister to one another. How should we use the Word of God in ministry? What does this passage say? What does the law do? What does the Spirit do? How does change take place? What do we gaze upon to change? What should we put before someone to help them?
5. Read Philippians 2:3-4. This is a familiar command. Have you ever used this with someone? Has someone used this verse with you? What was the situation? This is a very applicable passage that we all need in so many different situations. However, how does the context of Philippians 2:1 change how you would use this verse in the future?
6. Read 1 Samuel 11. What lessons might you pull from this passage that you can share to help someone? Write out a situation with a fictitious friend to whom you are relating this passage and how they should learn from this passage for their life. Answer this before reading further…. Now, did you focus on David? Did you focus on Nathan? Or…? Where is God in your ministry to your friend? What did you emphasize about God from this passage to your friend? What could/should you emphasize about Him? How does that make a difference in the ministry you would provide from this passage?
7. Read Ephesians 4:26-27. How might you use this passage to help someone? How does the context of Ephesians 2:1-10, and Ephesians 4:31-32 change the way you might use this passage? How would you use Ephesians 2:1-10 to help the person deal with anger toward another?