The Gospel is Sufficient
- Paul’s Explanation the Reason for the Divisions (1:17–31)
- Paul gives seven proofs to show that the Gospel is sufficient for all people.
- Proposition: Our message MUST be the CROSS
A. Paul’s commission (17)
- Paul was sent to preach the Gospel alone, not man’s philosophies.
B. Personal experience (v. 18).
- The believers had experienced the Gospel’s power ｢力｣ちから.
C. The Bible Speaks /Vs. 19–20
- God does not need the world’s wisdom
- In fact one day He will destroy it!
D. Human history (vv. 20–21).
- With all its “wisdom,” the world was not able to find God or salvation.
- When we trace history, we discover man gaining more knowledge.
- But less and less real wisdom, especially about spiritual matters. - Romans1:18–32
- God’s plan is so simple people trip over its simplicity!
E. Paul’s ministry (vv. 22–25).
- Paul preached to Jews and Gentiles
- Jews looked for signs; Christ was a stumbling block to the Jews
- Greeks looked for philosophical wisdom.
- Christ is our wisdom and power
- Jesus is all we need.
F. Their own calling (vv. 26–29).
- God manifest Himself to the humble.
G. Christ’s sufficiency (vv. 30–31).
- Christ is our redemption
- Christ is our righteousness
- Christ is our wisdom
- Christ is our all.
- Whenever we take our eyes off Christ and depend on man then this causes divisions in the church.
- Such divisions rob the church of its power.
- Do you have the power of God on your life.
- Jesus is all you need.
- I have one question in closing:
IS our message the CROSS