The Setting: Jesus was still at the feast of the chief Pharisee
a. A Pharisee’s joy
b. Jesus’ parable: The Great Banquet
2. The Invitation to God’s Great banquet goes out to Many!
vs. 16 & 17
a. All things are Ready
1. Christ has purchased Salvation for every an through his death and resurrection. The provisions for God’s Great Banquet have now been secured and waiting for the guest to accept.
b. The invitation is to many, The many are those that hear he gospel.
c. All will not accept the invitation:
“Many are Called but few are Chosen”
d. The invitation went out twice.
3. The Invited guests make excuses:
a. Excuse 1: Too involved in business
“For what profiteth a man to gain the whole world and loose there soul”. Matt 16;26
b. Excuse 2: Too wrapped up in new Purchases
“ love not this world or the things that are in the world “ 1 john 2;15-16
c. Excuse 3: Too involved with Family
“ So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple”
4. Jesus becomes angry at the busy guest
5. The Lord send quickly the to outsiders
a. He still has a hard time filling the Kingdom
b. He demands a double strenuous effort
6. The Guest hat reject him will be excluded