We Have Been Pawned
The Cosmic Pawn Shop
God Has Our Pawn Ticket and He Has Our Adoption Papers. He IS Our Way Out!
3 *Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, 4 *just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, to be holy and blameless before Him in love; 5 *He predestined us to adoption as sons to Himself through Jesus Christ according to the good pleasure of His will, 6 *to the praise of the glory of His grace which He graciously bestowed on us in the Beloved. 7 *In Him we have redemption through His blood and the forgiveness of sins according to the riches of His grace, 8 which He lavished on us in all wisdom and insight, 9 *making known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure, which He purposed in Himself, 10 *as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in Christ, which are in heaven and on earth.
11 *In Him also we have received an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His own will, 12 *that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, should live for the praise of His glory. 13 *In Him you also, after hearing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and after believing in Him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 *who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.
• Rest in God’s love, which is expressed in his offer of complete salvation.
• Because of all God has done for you, see yourself as someone very significant.
• Enjoy the fact that you belong to God. You belong to the family of God, and when you get to heaven, you will belong there, too.
• Be grateful that God has forgiven your sin and given you eternal life.
• Thank God that he took the initiative in your relationship with him.