7. Therefore, seems to refer back to “those who excuse these sins”. the sins being immorality, impurity and greedy (v5)
8. Contrast. Once full of darkness
now have light from the Lord
because of this WALK or LIVE like it is true (be people of light)
9. the light in you will only produce. what does it produce?
And concerning you, my brethren, I myself also am convinced that you yourselves are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge and able also to admonish one another.
Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the offense of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.
For as through the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous.
Little children, make sure no one deceives you; the one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous;
It was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints.
For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
rom 1 24
10. carefully examine what pleases the Lord (proving what)
11. do not take part in deeds of evil (unfruitful deeds)and darkness (command imp.)
instead expose them (unfruitful deed)
Those who continue in sin, rebuke in the presence of all, so that the rest also will be fearful of sinning.
12. shameful to even talk about the things the ungodly people do
For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
rom 1 18
13. BUT evil intentions exposed
when the light shines on them
hines on them
FOR the light makes everything visible
Do this, knowing the time, that it is already the hour for you to awaken from sleep; for now salvation is nearer to us than when we believed.
Take away: God has equipped all of us with what is needed to walk or live a holy life. But, it is our responsibility to active these qualities and produce fruits of goodness, righteousness and truth.