27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. 29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also. 30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. 31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.
32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. 33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. 34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again. 35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. 36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. 37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:* 38 ”Give, and it will be given to you*: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use,(in everything) it will be measured back to you.”
· You will determine what life measures to you. Many think it is God who is setting the limits of his blessings.
· The measure of life’s circumstances concerning people. V:31 (love, time, understanding etc..)
12 “Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.(Prov 18:24 A man who has friends must himself be friendly…
· The measure of Mercy v:36 We all have had the feeling that no one cares!
2. oiktirmon ^3629^ pitiful, compassionate for the ills of others.. we get the expression Oh… from it.
· The measure of Judgement! V:37 To take sides and determine who is right and wrong!
1 “Judge not, that you be not judged.
2 “For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.
· The measure of condemnation v:37 To pronounce judgement, who is wrong!
· The measure of Forgivness v:37
14 For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
15 But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
· The measure of giving v:38
“Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom
· The measure of hearing! (Mark 4:14-> they all heard)
23 If any man have ears to(that) hear, let him hear.* *
24 Then He said to them, “Take heed what you hear. With the same measure you use, it will be measured to you; and to you who hear, more will be given
· Take heed what you hear (this will determine whether we have ears that hear and whether we have faith or fear in our lives and hearts.)
· How much you hear (This will determine the measure of faith and ability to hear..)
· zb.. the ears of listener, the ears of a musician, and the ears of a conductor! Matt 7:24-27 Hearers and doers!
17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by(of) the word of God.
This is saying first of all that faith comes by hearing the word of God, but it could also be saying that through hearing the word of God we are made able to hear (Spiritual truth, God’s will etc..)
· The measure of Faith!
3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure (measuring cup)of faith God has given you.
22 But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy (measure of) faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.
29 Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your (measure of) faith be it unto you.
28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith*: be it unto thee even as (your measure of faith) thou wilt*. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.
52 And Jesus said unto him, Go thy way; thy (measure of) faith hath made thee whole. And immediately he received his sight, and followed Jesus in the way.
· His word is the measuring cup of faith!
38 And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it (measured) unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.
· WE will choose the size of measure(cup) according to our thirst(desires). Our desires make us ready to HEAR(the word)! The more we hear(the word) the greater the cup(of faith)!
If I am very thirsty I will choose a larger cup!
· WHAT DO YOU WANT? FIND THE CUP(WORD) AND MEASURE IT OUT!
Lord help us to understand each day our part in all that happens in our lives..