How to Get a Grip On Your Fears
“How to Get a Grip On My Fears
January 4, 1998
· What are some of the things that make you afraid?
· “Fear is an agitated state of mind that cripples us from looking any further than the _____________ itself.”
· “Courage is the state of mind that enables one to face hardship or disaster with __________ and ________________.”
· Courage is a by-product of ____________.
2 Timothy 1:7 (NIV) “For God did not give us a spirit of timidity [fear], but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.”
Why Am I Afraid?
· I’ve been _________ to all of my life.
· I’ve learned that there’s no such thing as a “free _________.”
· I really am ____________.
I Must Understand How the “Cycle of Fear” Works
p ______________: We see our circumstances
p ______________: We loose sight of our purpose and become
p ______________: We start to sink in our problems
p ______________: We come back to our source of help.
p ______________: We accept Jesus’ hand.
Lessons We Can Learn:
1. Rocks don’t float without _________ ____________.
2. The very thing that causes fear in us can become a _______________ to Jesus.
3. God never promises to save our business, jobs, houses, or even our marriages – what He does promise to save is ______!
4. We don’t get faith, we _______ it.
5. God will allow fearful circumstances in order to teach us to ___________ on Him (2 Corinthians 1:8-9)
|"Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead." (2 Corinthians 1:9 NIV)|